Welcome to the Reception page at Hilton Primary School
Your Child's Day in Reception:
- School starts at 8:50 where we will greet you and your child at the door.
- Once in school, children learn through a play based curriculum.
- Children can free flow inside and outside throughout the day making independent learning choices.
- Children's learning on a daily basis will consist of adult focused activities, child-initiated activities, working one to one or in small groups with adults ensuring all children have a range of learning opportunities throughout the day.
- Once a week each class participate in a P.E session in the hall.
- Twice a week on a Tuesday and Friday Reception children go into a 15 minutes assembly for reflective and celebration time.
- Phonics is taught on a daily basis.
- Lunchtime is from 11:45- 12:45. All children in Reception are entitled to a free school meal and all Reception children eat together.
- Children in Reception bake every three weeks.
- Children take part in enquiry based outdoor learning during 'Welly Wednesday'.
- At Hilton Primary School we appreciate the importance of social and emotional development and therefore teach a Jigsaw scheme on a weekly basis.
In Reception we like to offer a wide range of exciting learning opportunities for your child such as:
- Sensory play (Shaving foam, gel, rice)
- Fine motor skills (pasta, cheerios and spaghetti)
- Craft activities (paper plates, lolly pop sticks, matchsticks, googly eyes)
- Baking, using a range of techniques and ingredients
- Topic learning for celebrations (Food tasting for Chinese New Year, Pancake day, Bonfire Night, Diwali and Christmas)
- Topic resources (Space, Dinosaurs etc)
In order to be able to offer these wonderful experiences to all children we politely ask for a voluntary contribution of £5 each term.
Many thanks to our parents for your continued support!
In the Early Years Foundation Stage building positive and long lasting relationships with families is very important to us. We recognise the vital role parents play in being children's first role model and educator in their lives.
Because of this, we value parents contributing regularly in their child's online learning journey on Tapestry.
We also welcome any volunteers in the Early Years Foundation stage and recognise the positive impact they have.
We will always inform you about your child's progress and any matters arising and, likewise, we are always here if there is anything you wish to discuss with us.
Your teachers will very soon be filling these pages with exciting class news, pictures of things we’ve done and more.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let your Teacher know!